Support for early-career researchers
Information and application formAll information concerning support for early-career scientists (PDF, 19KB) Application form (WORD, 81KB)
Who is supported?
The Faculty of Science supports the participation of lower mid-level (intermediate) faculty (Mittelbau) and staff (doctoral candidates and postdocs enrolled in the Faculty of Science) in international conferences (e.g. scientific conferences and workshops, summer schools , etc.) as a means of promoting further scientific education and enabling early-career researchers to expand their networks. In terms of funding for such participation, priority is given to those applications that clearly demonstrate the impossibility of obtaining other sources of financing – i.e. funding from research projects is not available.
What are the requirements?
- The conference must be publicly announced, have an international character and offer opportunities for networking between participating scientists with varying degrees of experience.
- The provision of funding is contingent upon active participation in a scientific conference, symposium etc. This means that approval for participation is subject to a selection process (public announcement) or that the participation must include at least one presentation (talk or poster).
- Support is provided for a maximum of once every four years per person.
- An application form must be sent by e-mail to Esther Fiechter, before the conference, symposium etc.
- The e-mail should also include the candidate's CV, a copy of the conference program and confirmation of the candidate's presentation (talk) or poster at the event, or confirmation that the candidate has been selected to participate in the conference
Amount of funding
The maximum award is CHF 1,500 per application.
When are the grants awarded?
Two times per year (March 31 and October 31)